Thursday, October 26, 2006

BendFilm update

So I've been busy in Bend, Oregon, enjoying the fine hospitality of the festival. They were truly gracious hosts and made sure the filmmakers had a great time. There was no pretense in the air and all of the filmmakers we're warm and chatty. Of course that may have been the free booze.

I was excited to learn that we received three extra screenings at the festival, including with the closing film. The Bend audience was exactly in line with the message of the film. At one screening, we received three rounds of applause and a hoot after all was said and done. I think they were ready for someone to put on the screen what has been on their minds.

I had a lot of fun with the cats I ran into on the plane heading into town: Todd Grossman (Men of Action), Drew Lindo (In the Details), Jesse Wheeler (Just), Bryan Nest (Til Death Do Us Part). And I can't forget to bust the balls of Mark Daviau (Searching For Mise en Place) for the wonderful job he did on the emerging technology panel. (He knows what I'm talking about.)

I tried my best to snap a few pics here and there and I've culled the best and tossed the rest. So here's a taste of BendFilm 2006.
BendFilm 2006 photos

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home