Monday, September 04, 2006

Fine Tuning Filter

Stacey and I sat down and went over the film again and implemented some of the ideas we had lingering in the backs our our minds. Namely, breaking the format of the complete reporter segment and intercutting the reporters to form seemingly one report at the beginning. This more closely simulates the experience of watching TV and flipping through the channels.

I was initially reticent to implement such an idea as it broke the integrity of watching a complete report that was unmanipulated. But in some respects I understand that this was more important to me than to the integrity of the film. This was mitigated by my time manipulation of the security footage to highlight certain sections. I then felt the rhythm of the piece could lead into the intercut reporters.

Then end result is a film almost three minutes shorter with a pace that doesn't start and stop. It leads you deeper in and lets the message develop rather that being so explicit. I'll smooth out the rough spots and call it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home